My daughters turn 12 today.
Here’s the Instagram-iquette for a tween birthday just in case you were wondering.
1) The night before, prepare video or photo montage accompanied by appropriate music celebrating your friend. The more pictures and more confusing the sequence is the better since it means you’ve known them longer
2) Tag as many people as possible even if don’t really know them well
3) Sit and wait for likes
4) For the recipient, wake early and begin writing comments back to each poster. Be sure not repeat comments or forget someone. This could prove costly
5) Attempt (in-vain) to get your parents to not post embarrassing pictures of you but instruct them on the proper way to post so as many people see it as possible.
6) Skip breakfast if needed in order to accomplish these tasks.
7) Like nearly all of the other birthday wishes to your friend. Reading them is optional.
8) Remain adorable despite the faux-maturity you are craving.